One of the most important questions people as me is what is the time frame for a bankruptcy in Florida. While the time frame for each case is different because it depends on how long it takes to draft a bankruptcy petition generally it goes as follows:
- Schedule an appoint for a free consultation at Shmucher Law, PL
- Call 954.309.5559 or 305.741.5553 to schedule an appointment in any of our five office locations: Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Plantation, and Sunrise Florida.
- Bring all necessary documents to the initial consultation
- Review your case with the bankruptcy lawyer and begin to fill out the bankruptcy petition.
- Approximately seven days or less after the initial consultation the bankruptcy petition will be ready to review, sign, and make any necessary changes. Once all the changes are ready the petition can be filed.
- File the petition.
- Approximately 30 to 45 days after the bankruptcy petition has been filed the debtor will need to appear in court for their meeting of the creditors (341 meeting).
- 60 days after your meeting of the creditors or about 90 days after your bankruptcy has been filed you will receive your discharge in the mail, and all the debts on your bankruptcy petition will likely be discharged.
So in short the timeline for a successful chapter 7 bankruptcy filing in Florida takes about three months from start to finish.
If you are thinking of filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy in south Florida then please contact Shmucher Law, PL for your free initial consultation.